Monday, July 28, 2008

As I walked up my stairs yesterday afternoon, I was startled to see a black blob on one of them. I was even more startled when the blob flinched as I stepped on the stair. (No I did not scream or even jump for that matter) At first I thought it was an abnormally large bug, then a frog, but on looking closer I was amazed to discover it was a baby bat! (The picture above is not the same baby bat but similar in cuteness) I rushed my son upstairs and hurried back with gloves to save the bat from being squashed! How sad would that have been? I picked him up and was going to place him in a tree where he could finish recuperating from whatever had landed him on my apartment steps, but I'm happy to report he flew out of my hands apparently not injured at all just probably hot and slightly dehydrated!

No comments: